Saturday, July 12, 2008
Educated Thoughts
That school has quickened its pace is certainly no surprise. The volume of assignments rising, I am forced to become more adept at using the Ctools interface. I am also forced to become accustomed to reading pdf articles, which provides its own challenges, not the least of which are tired eyes and the inability to take notes or underline (this, of course, assumes that I would be motivated to do so if I were provided with a paper copy). And I dislike printing large quantities of paper of which I will end up using minimally. Save the trees, I guess, though they're already dead anyway in paper form. It was nice that the MTTC was a paper test, which I prefer to the computer-generated , such as the GRE. It was also nice that it was rather easy, and that I managed to finish under two hours (only to walk out into pouring rain and poorly drained parking lots). My sandals got wet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
And just when I thought I was thoroughly drenched, some mean person sped through the parking lot splashing me when muddy water. What a morning, at least it's over. I was also glad to have a paper test!
Yeah the MTTC made me so angry. I was hoping at least ONE of the questions would stump me/make me do eenie-meenie-miney-mo. And my sandles got wet too, which certainly didn't make me feel any better about waking up so early to waste 2 hours.
I feel the same about reading articles on the computer. I would much rather have a paper copy that I can write on and feel like I am getting somewhere by being able to flip the pages! But then, at the same time, it is a waste of paper!
CTools is killing me! I think I have it down and then I have to go look for something or post something for Peters and I have no idea which class it is much less where to look.
Someday, I will figure it all out. Maybe. Probably the last day of class. But by golly, it will happen.
(-:
Post a Comment